This post brought to you by FrogTape brand painter’s tape. All opinions are 100% mine.
My kids have been back in school for a month now and our afternoons are full of homework, piano lessons, sports practices and things that keep us very busy. To ensure the business doesn’t turn into craziness, I created an After School Magnetic Chore Chart. It not only looks organized and pretty, it keeps my kids on track and ensures we don’t forget anything. Here is how I made it:
1. Grab a magnetic board. I bought this white one at IKEA, but a lot of stores have them on sale and clearance right now for back-to-school supplies.
2. Tape off your lines. This is the most time-consuming part of the project, but do it right or your whole chart will look funny. Since I knew I would be painting my lines, I used FrogTape® Multi-surface painters tape. It keeps paint from bleeding better than any other brand I’ve tried.
3. Paint your board. I chose 3 different colors of greens and blues because I wanted my chart to be colorful.
4. Remove your tape. I usually take it off when the paint is still wet to avoid the tape pulling off tacky paint. Also, because I am impatient and I hate waiting for paint to dry.
5. Add your labels. I used my Zink hAppy Printer (which I LOVE), but you could use whatever you have.
AND THAT’S IT!
Now tell your kids to get to work- ha ha!
. . .
FrogTape® Multi-surface is a painter’s tape designed for use on a variety of surfaces including unfinished wood, metal, glass, carpet and stone. FrogTape painter’s tape is the only tape treated with paint block technology, a super absorbent polymer that reacts with the water in latex paint and instantly gels to form a micro-barrier that seals the edges of the tape, which helps prevent paint bleed. It’s designed with a slit liner on the back of the tape for easier application – remove one half of the liner, position the tape and remove the other half.
FrogTape® is available at participating Lowes and Walmart locations, and all Menards, Ace, Sherwin Williams, True Value and Do It Best stores across the United States.Visit http://frogtape.com/shapetape for more information or follow @FrogTape on twitter for tons of creative inspiration!