Last year at this time I wrote a post featuring a bunch of ideas for April Fool’s Day. I had no idea it would get the response it did, but it was very popular and many people commented and left their own ideas. I learned there are some really funny people in this world! Some of those ideas had me laughing So. hard.
Since I originally intended the post to be about jokes you could play on every relationship in your life, I thought I would write a separate article specifically for pranks you can play on your spouse. I’ve included a variety, so if your spouse doesn’t handle jokes very well, there are a few mild and tame ideas here as well. As for me, I go all out! 🙂
10 April Fools Jokes for Your Spouse
- Place poppers under the toilet seat. You know, those little white “firecracker” type things that come in the cute little boxes? I bet you wouldn’t think they were so cute after sitting down for an explosive moment at the toilet…
- Food. If you are going to do a food-related joke, I recommend doing it about midnight (so the very start of April Fool’s). That way they are NOT expecting it at all. This helped me gain a lot of enemies in college. Think Chocolate covered cotton balls stringing from people’s teeth….or how about toothpaste-filled homemade oreos?
- Put His Car Up For Sale. Ok, this one is my ABSOLUTE favorite. I did this to my husband last year and he was getting calls all day. Put “for sale” on his car with a ridiculously low number. Not only is this a great April Fool’s joke on your husband, but it’s also a great joke on everyone that calls on it! I was a little extra mean and posted the picture to Facebook asking all my friends to call on it. One of my friends even said, “This is an answer to prayer! I was just praying that I could find a car in my price range and then I drove past yours!“
- Put Googley Eyes On His Lunch. This one is totally harmless, but might bring a smile.
- Mess With His Phone. Change his ringtone to something totally lame or obnoxious or promiscuous and call him while he is at work. OR…Set random alerts/messages to go off all day.
- Send a Message. Send him off to work with a loving little pat on the bum, and make sure to leave a fun sticker or note attached without him knowing. It could be something like “I have no clue this is here. Applaud every time you see me” or something random and silly that will have him wondering what’s going on.
- Special Outfit. Tell your husband that you are headed to bed and that you are putting something “special” on for him. If he thinks what I think he might think, he won’t be too far behind you! Be hiding under the covers in footy pajamas, or something ridiculous that will have you both laughing for years to come.
- Auto-Correct Madness. In Microsoft Word on their laptop, use the Autocorrect feature to “correct” a commonly used word such as “the” by automatically inserting “April Fools’!”
- Car Switch. Find your spouses vehicle at work and move it to another spot. Or, if he/she has keys to your car, switch out his for yours and park it in another stall.
- Drawer Switch. Move your husbands drawers around so he can’t find what he is looking for in the morning!
Have some other ideas? Leave us a comment, we’d love to hear your ideas!!!
Want more ideas? Check them out here: April Fool’s Day Pranks