- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 can black or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (2.25 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 avocados – peeled, pitted and diced
- In a large bowl, mix corn, olives, red bell pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cider vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour into the corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator as long as you can. I have eaten it without even being chilled and it was fine, but the cooler the better!
- Stir avocados into the mixture before serving.
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in September 2009