I had never tried chicken salad sandwiches until I was 21 years old. I’m not even sure if I knew there was such thing until then. Growing up, my mom never made it, so I never ate it. The first time I tried chicken salad was when my roommate in college made them using this recipe. I was hooked! I’ve made them several times since then and everyone I have ever made these for feels the same way- they are simply delicious! These sandwiches are perfect for a warm, summer day, but here in my home we love them so much I make them year-round. They are great party foods, or simple dinners for your family. Here is how to make them:
What you’ll need:
- 1 lb cooked chicken, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 1/4 cup red grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup salted cashew pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make it:
- Place all ingredients into bowl. Stir until just mixed.
- Cover and chill for at least two hours.
- Serve on croissants or your favorite bread.
The hardest part about this recipe is waiting the 2 hours for your chicken salad to chill! I always want to dive into it right away!