These chewy chocolate chip cookies are thick, soft and jam packed with melty chocolate chips to create one seriously divine chocolate chip cookie!
This recipe comes courtesy of my sister in law who is an excellent baker! She said this recipe totally replaced her go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe, and after one bite of this deliciousness, I can totally see why!!!
These cookies are so chewy and full of melty, oozing chocolate chips. They are absolutely divine and are also the size of your entire hand which is just fabulous for cookie addicts like myself!
The melted butter in this recipe really ensures that these cookies turn out to be the most chewy I’ve ever tasted! So, if you or anyone you know love chewy chocolate chip cookies which are ready in under 30 minutes, then this recipe is a must make!
Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Makes: 8-12 // Total time: 25 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a cookie sheet with a non-stick baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well combined. Add the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until blended.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir lightly with a spoon.
- Form the cookie dough into individual balls that are about 1/4 cup and place them on the cookie sheet 2- 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the edges are light brown.
- Let them cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes to bake just a bit more before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Eat and enjoy!
If you loved this recipe, maybe you’d like these?