Today’s blog link party is sponsored by Kidde Worry-Free CO Alarm
We recently bought a new house. I was so excited about everything being brand new and having no problems to worry about for a while. Boy, was I wrong. While our house was still being built, there was a flood in our master bathroom! Our vanity had to be ripped up and dried out along with the wall behind it. Then the day we moved in our downstairs flooded because our shower drain was not connected properly. Having 4 young kids in the house, I was a STICKLER on making sure everything was dried out completely and even made them do a mold test before they finished fixing it all up. Luckily these problems were visible, but it got me thinking about all of the hazards a home may have that you can’t see.
I got curious, so I looked it up, there are quite a few possibilities of invisible home hazards like lead paint, radon, black mold and carbon monoxide. Carbon Monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless and invisable. It is known as the silent killer because it takes only minutes to be exposed to a lethal dose. Each year, fire departments respond to over 72,000 CO poisoning incidents. The only safe way to detect it is with a working CO alarm.
WHY DO I NEED A CO ALARM?
According to the U.S. Census, 75% of all homes have a potential source of carbon monoxide (CO), but only half of U.S. homes have a working carbon monoxide alarm. Potential CO risks in the home include:
- Space Heaters
- Water Heaters
- Gasoline-Powered Tools
Kidde Worry-Free Carbon Monoxide Alarm is a great option if you are planning on purchasing one, here is why:
Benefits of Worry-Free Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Goodbye late night low battery chirps: The sealed lithium battery is tamper proof and provides 10 years of continuous power, meaning no low battery chirps or battery replacement
- Longest Sensor Life Available: Carbon monoxide sensor is proven effective for 10 years – nearly twice as long as some models
- Money Savings: no batteries to buy and replace every six months, save up to $40 over the life of the alarm Quick and
- Easy Installation: simply slide the alarm onto the mounting bracket and it activates automatically. Place on a desk, shelf, table or the wall. It’s Always On: 24 hr/day, 7 day/week protection from CO
- End of Life Hush Button: After 10 years of power, the alarm will sound a warning to indicate it needs replacing. The hush button will temporarily silence the warning for up to three days.
Obtaining your own Kidde Worry-Free alarm is an easy and affordable way to keep your home and family safe!
Available at the Home Depot for under $50 or win your own in the raffle copter widget below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway