I love spending a relaxing summer morning with my family eating a delicious summer breakfast. Any excuse to eat a nice, tasty meal in my pajamas is alright by me! We usually stick with the classic breakfast meals- french toast, pancakes, cinnamon rolls etc. but this Breakfast Cupcakes Recipe was a nice twist on the classic omelet- eggs, sausage and cheese… what’s not to love about that? Serve them with some fresh berries and a tall glass of orange juice and you’ll be wishing every summer day started off this delicious!
*Makes 24 cupcakes
1- 12oz package of sausage (any flavor of your choice) browned and cut into small pieces
16 large eggs
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
½ cup milk
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp baking powder
Salt & pepper to taste
½ cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375. Spray 2 muffin pans with cooking spray or line them with 24 cupcake liners.
2. Spoon the sausage pieces into each cupcake. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, oil and baking powder until smooth. Gently stir in cheddar cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Ladle the egg mixture over sausage.
6. Bake for 15 or until egg is cooked through.
7. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and serve warm.
Eat and enjoy!