- 1 jar red enchilada sauce (I like Rosarita only!)
- Tortillas- cut into strips (I like corn tortillas, but my husband prefers flour)
- 4 cups chopped shredded cooked chicken
- 4 cups mexican blend shredded cheese
- Lettuce, cilantro & tomato for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Spread some enchilada sauce on bottom of a casserole pan.
3. In a separate shallow dish, pour remaining sauce. Build the enchiladas in layers as follows:
- Dip a tortilla into sauce to coat and then place in baking dish. Do this to cover the bottom of the pan, overlapping as needed.
- Sprinkle Chicken.
- Sprinkle Cheese.
Repeat 2 more times, but leave off the last layer of cheese.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, then top with remaining cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
5. Garnish with lettuce, cilantro & tomato, serve and enjoy!
Here is a recipe card if you’d like to print it and add it to your stash:
(This recipe was originally published on Somewhat Simple in July 2009)