I would call these Taquitos, but the original recipe I found years ago says they are “Crispy Tortilla Rolls”, so call it what you will- they are YUMMY and couldn’t be any easier to make! It is pretty much your standard Mexican meal- tortillas, cheese, salsa and whatever else sounds good!
16 corn tortillas or 10 flour tortillas.
1 jar of Salsa- you won’t use the whole thing, unless you want to!
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 4 cups)
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
Toppings: Sour Cream, Avocados, Tomatoes, Olives, Lettuce etc.
1. Warm the tortillas by placing the entire stack on a plate in the microwave and heating them for about a minute. (This just makes them easier to fold since they aren’t as stiff.)
2. Spread each tortilla with 1 tablespoon salsa, 2 tablespoons of chicken and 2 tablespoons cheese. (Those are approximate measurements- if you want more of any ingredient, adjust to your liking!)
3. Roll up the tortillas and secure with toothpicks.
4. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add about 3 tortilla rolls at a time (depending on what fits best in your pan) and cook until they’re golden brown on all sides.
6. Serve with Sour Cream, Avocados, Tomatoes & Lettuce, or your favorite taco toppings.