First, it opens up the possibility of having a burger-night year round. Usually the weather has to be warm enough (but not too warm!) for us to want to stand by the grill outside. Not with these! Pop them in the oven and walk away!
Second, they feed a crowd! No flipping burgers while some people eat and some people wait for theirs to cook. Use a baking dish, fill it with meat and serve your family or guests all at the same time.
Third, who doesn’t like a hamburger? This meal is a crowd-pleaser. If you like pickles and tomatoes, use them. If you have an aversion to mustard, skip it! Everyone is happy when they get to build their own!
Here is how to make EASY Oven-Baked Sliders:
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (the fattier your beef, the more it will shrink while baking, so plan accordingly!)
- Salt & pepper or Steak Seasoning (We love McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning << Amazon Affiliate link)
- Cheddar cheese, sliced
- Slider buns
- Burger toppings- lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Press ground beef evenly into a 13×9 pan. Sprinkle the ground beef with salt and pepper or seasoning.
- Bake for 30 minutes and remove from the oven. The meat will shrink in from the sides. Drain any juice along the edges.
- Immediately top with sliced cheese and cut into squares.
- Serve on buns and add your favorite toppings.