After creating and delivering an infant, you are pretty much She-rah: teaming with superhuman pro-creative powers, one being your mother’s milk. But this strength must be controlled, protected, and supported. Start with a supportive guise. Exposing your super powers recklessly is uncomfortable, possibly embarrassing, and potentially dangerous.
- Measure. Preferably after your milk has unpacked its suitcases. A two to three cup size increase in the lady eggs, post child arrival, is not altogether unusual.
- Avoid underwire: Underwires are like nursing kryptonite. At least during the first few weeks following birth when the breasts and milk flow are most volatile. Underwire can confine the growth changes in breast size and shape during pregnancy and restrict milk flow during breast feeding.
- Quick Draw: Try it on and make sure you can unfasten, unzip, unclip, or slip as necessary with one hand.
- Soft Cottons: Even if the cup has some lace or alternative fabric on the exterior, the interior should be lined with seamless, sweet cotton. Anything else can chafe your tender teats and may not keep them cool, dry, and free of infections.
- Perfect fit: Your getup shouldn’t bind the breast in any way that will interfere with milk flow. This means wearing a regular bra or one that doesn’t fit isn’t an option. Not only because of the sad visual state it leaves your milk maids in, but also because it can inhibit your milking powers all together, replacing it with crippling pain.
Meeting these requirements may require an entirely new collection of nests for your lady eggs, and if you plan to order online and enjoy the diversity of sizes and styles available to the informed shopper, not to mention the convenience of ordering at home in your postpartum stretchy pants, you will need your previously acquired diameters.
If you are shy of self applied measuring tape, go to a well-equipped department store or bra boutique and get a professional to calculate the nest size for you. However, I must warn you, my favorite department store only carried one style of nursing lingerie, and I had to button a pair of trousers and pack a double stroller to capacity to get there.
With fleshy diameters calculated and restrictions observed, you are now ready to receive my top 5 Nursing Bra recommendations.
Gilligan & O’Malley Underwire Nursing Bra
If you want an affordable effect similar to Le Mystere with only a slightly diminished amount of support and prettiness, I recommend this price sensitive compromise.
Simple Wishes Hands Free Breast Pump Bustier
While not even tangential to attractive, I adore the function of this nursing aid. My hands prefer several activities to the banality of nursing pump support.