Hang on to your hats, my friends, we’ve finally put together our 2017 Journal Jar Kit with a label + journaling cards! (And they turned out darling!)
Thanks to all of you who have asked if we were making another journal jar! We started this tradition in 2013 and we LOVE how year after year this journal jar continues to be a well-loved idea of Somewhat Simple’s readers!
This is a simple idea that you can do as a family: every time something awesome happens (I like to also include the cute + funny things my kids say), write it down, and put it in the jar. On New Year’s Eve, pull the papers out and read them as a family! Our kids love doing this – it’s a tradition I hope we keep doing for a long time. 🙂
JOURNAL JAR PRINTABLES
- Journal Jar label + “Remember When” printables (link to download below)
- jar (the jar I used is from Hobby Lobby)
- glue or tape
- Download, print and cut out the label, then glue it on the front of your jar. (I’ve used a glue stick in the past – works awesome, but you can use double sided tape or regular tape as well)
- Cut out the “remember when” printables and start journaling away! I also like to keep a small notebook with me when I’m out and about, so I can write the awesome things down
before I forgetto stay organized, then I just add them to the jar when I get home.
- I send the files into a printing shop, since my printer doesn’t like to color match very well… Any one else have this problem? If you have a UPS Store near by, they do a great job! (Not sponsored or affiliated with UPS in anyway, just fans of their work!)
Here’s to a great year filled with awesome memories that’ll fill your Journal Jar to the max!