I recently teamed up with ScotchBlue Painter’s Tape, to participate in their ScotchBlue Ribbons Campaign in an effort to Reward Creativity. Keep reading to hear all about some fun ways to win some fabulous prizes!
Adding some fun to your floors is as easy as painting a kitchen mat!
I bought a kitchen mat on clearance for $3. It didn’t match my decor and it started looking really dingy very fast, but I had big plans for this little mat that would solve both of these problems!
I wanted to come up with a fun, geometrical pattern, but I needed something with straight lines (Quatrefoil wasn’t going to work) and I didn’t want to do Chevron since I had just done a Chevron project for my boy’s room (tutorial for that coming soon!)
So I actually found this idea on a notebook and just recreated it myself simply by eyeballing it. I’ve heard this called a “Greek Key Design”, but mine isn’t quite as symmetrical, so I don’t know if this is the right name for it.
Here is the step-by-step process:
- Paint the entire area a base color you love- I chose Evening Stroll from Valspar. Let this is dry completely
- I cut the ScotchBlue Painter’s Tape in half to get the thickness I needed. Painter’s tape comes in a variety of widths, so if you are purchasing some for this project, you can probably avoid this step. I was using the tape I had on hand, so I needed to make some adjustments.
- Tape off your design. When your design is taped down, run your fingers along it to make sure there is a good seal around the edges. This will help avoid any bleeding underneath the tape when you paint it.
- Paint the entire surface over your design and let it dry completely. You may want to do a couple coats of this to ensure nice, bold lines of color. My picture looks like I chose a white, but it is actually a buttercream yellow and it looks great!
Once your paint has dried, take off the painters tape and admire your work!
I put together a short video of the process- click HERE to view it.
Want to take part in the ScotchBlue Ribbons Program? Here are a couple of ways you can do so…
- Enter your email address for a chance to win one of hundreds of daily samples that ScotchBlue is giving away (over 300 per day!)
- Install a ScotchBlue Ribbon bookmark button on your browser where you can nominate projects from around the web in just a few clicks. Consumers who nominate projects will be entered into a pool to win a cool sample pack and $150. Winners will be chosen based on the creativity of the projects that they select to submit, so it really rewards people who have an eye for unique projects that may or may not have specifically used ScotchBlue tape.
You can easily win samples and cash prizes until mid-September!
See what YOU can do. With ScotchBlue!