WELCOME TO PHOTOSHOP BASICS
Join us each month to learn the basics of Photoshop, building a foundation for creativity!
In this lesson you are going to learn how to convert your photographs from color to
black and white in just 3 simple steps. Let’s get started:
Steps 1: Prepare to Convert
Are you looking for the perfect photo for your Holiday cards this year? Do you have a really great group shot but the colors are all wrong for the Holidays? Follow along with these steps to a quick and classy makeover for any photograph!
- From the main/top tool bar select Image/ Adjustments / Black & White
Steps 2: Convert to Black & White
Now’s your chance to enhance the tones and highlights of you photo
- The Black and White Box will pop up after following step 1
- Make sure the Preview Box is check-marked
- Slide the bars of each color challenge to bring up the highlights or darken the shadows
- Save your photo and your set or follow along with next step to add a tint
Steps 3: Optional – Add a Tint
If you love the sepia look or want to add a little character – this step is for you!
- Follow the steps 1 and 2
- Add check-mark to the Tint Box
- Slide the Hue bar to select the color you would like to blend into your photo
- Slide the Saturation bar to select how much of the color is added to your photo