These pizza bites are so simple to make. They start with refrigerated crescent roll dough and are finished in less than thirty minutes flat! They are perfect for that football party you are hosting or even a board game night with friends and family.
Just top crescent rolls with your favorite pizza toppings and cheese, then roll up and bake. How easy does that sound?
Please note that in the picture above I’ve put the toppings over the cheese instead of on the crescent roll like the directions state. After taking these photos I realized that although putting the toppings on last will work, rolling the pizza bites up is much easier if you put the toppings on the wide side of the dough triangle first, followed by the cheese. When rolling up the pizza bites be sure to tuck all that dough around the cheese so that it does not melt out during the baking time.
We used sausage and pepperoni in our pizza bites, but all week I’ve been dreaming of making some hawaiian pizza bites with canadian bacon, pineapple, and… crispy bacon pieces.
- 2 (8 count) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 6 mozzarella cheesesticks, cut in thirds *you will end up with an extra 2/3 cheese stick, for obvious snacking reasons
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- assorted pizza toppings
- grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Grease two cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and pull apart at the perforated lines. Put the crescent roll triangles on the baking sheets (8 per sheet).
- Combine the melted butter and garlic salt. Brush the butter mixture over the crescents, reserving about half of it for brushing on top after baking.
- Put about a tablespoon of your favorite pizza toppings on the large end of each crescent triangle. Top with a piece of cheese stick.
- Roll the crescent roll dough around the pizza toppings and cheese, making sure to tuck the edges of the dough in so that the cheese does not melt out of the dough in the oven.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, rotating the pans half-way through, until crescent bites are golden brown . Remove from oven and brush with remaining butter. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot with your favorite warmed pizza or spaghetti sauce. Enjoy!
Recipe Source: Amanda Jenks