I’ve never been that great at refinishing or repurposing furniture. I haven’t attempted many of these sorts of projects because I fear that I lack patience as well as the skills to do so. But these projects are amazing, and so are the creators behind them! Take a look at our list of Top 10 Ways of Re-Purposing Old Drawers.
1. Topping the list is this unique and totally fabulous way to use a variety of drawers in one custom entertainment center. I love the entire look of this, from Kara Paslay Designs
2. This is such a simple idea but serves a fashionable function- an old drawer jewelry organizer, from The North End Loft
3. Shabby Chic Serving Tray from The Old Painted Cottage
4. Make a bulletin board from BHG
5. Make a dollhouse from old drawers with Semi Proper
6. Use an old drawer as a fruit basket from The Wicker House
7. Make rolling storage under the bed from The Idea Room
8. This centerpiece only cost $15! From Shanty 2 Chic
9. Use the face of old drawers to make drawer hangers from Design Sponge
10. Hang drawers on the wall to make shelves from Home Made
So next time you see some orphan drawers at a garage sale or laying on the side of the road- grab them and get creative!
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in October 2009 but was updated in August 2014