Mod-podging pictures onto wood letters is an easy and fun way to make a simple St. Patrick’s Day decoration. This project will take just a couple hours from start to finish… including the drying time for the Mod Podge. Want to make your own? Here is how!
- Wood letters (I got mine from Cut-It-Out for $13.99)
- Pictures- I used 4-6 pictures for each letter. I printed these at home on regular computer paper.
- Paint- I used 3 different shades of green
- Mod Podge
- 2 Sponge Brushes; 1 for the paint & 1 for the Mod Podge
- X-Acto Knife & cutting board
- Paint the back and sides of your letters. Let dry completely.
- L your photos on top of each letter to get an idea of the spacing and arrangement you will be using.
- Place a thin layer of Mod Podge on your letters. Place your pictures on the mod podge and smooth out any wrinkles in the paper.
- Brush one last coat of Mod Podge over the top of your pictures and let it dry completely.
- Flip your letters over so the pictures are face down. Using your X-Acto knife, trim the excess paper from around each letter.
Display & enjoy!
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with Cut It Out. I was given the wood letters for this post in exchange for my review. All opinions are 100% my own.
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in February 2014