It’s no surprise how much I LOVE Cut It Out Frames. I’ve used them in various places all over my home- my family room collage, our magnetic chore charts, my kid’s bathroom… just to name a few. But besides the fantastic scrolling frames they make, did you know they also make wood letters? And I am not talking cheap, thin letters like the ones you find at the craft store- the wood letters from Cut It Out are AWESOME! They are thick enough to stand up alone and they are sanded smooth just waiting for you to create something fabulous with them.
A few weeks ago I ordered their “Lucky with Shamrock U“ Holiday Decor. They sell this for only $13.99 and I had a fun idea in mind to make a simple St. Patrick’s Day decoration for my living room. Take a look at this:
Black and white pictures of my kiddos just mod podged to wood letters- cute, right? And it took just a couple hours from start to finish… including the drying time for the Mod Podge. Want to make your own? Here is how!
- Wood letters
- Pictures- I just printed these out on my computer in black and white on regular computer paper. And since L-U-C-K-Y is five letters and I have 5 kids, I decided to dedicate 1 letter for each child and I used 4-6 pictures for each letter.
- Paint- I used 3 different shades of green
- Mod Podge
- 2 Sponge Brushes; 1 for the paint & 1 for the Mod Podge
- X-Acto Knife & cutting board
- Paint the back and sides of your letters. Let dry completely.
- Cut your pictures, then lay them on top of each letter to get an idea of the spacing and arrangement you will be using.
- Place a thin layer of Mod Podge on your letters. Place your pictures on the mod podge and smooth out any wrinkles in the paper. Then brush one last coat of Mod Podge over the top of your pictures and let it dry completely.
- Flip your letters over so the pictures are face down. Using your X-Acto knife, trim the excess paper from around each letter.
Display & enjoy!
Who wants to win $100 in store credit to Cut It Out???