Here is an AMAZING stuffed pepper casserole that is going to knock your socks off! The great thing about this stuffed pepper casserole is its even easier to make than regular stuffed peppers, AND it’s so much easier to eat too! You don’t have to worry about figuring out how to eat through the tough pepper skin- this casserole has all the same great tastes without all the hassle!
I was inspired by THIS recipe from Yummy Healthy Easy and knew it was something I had to recreate. I changed my casserole up a little bit by adding some Italian spices instead of the Mexican-style spices based on the flavors in my Italian stuffed peppers. Here is how to make it:
Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 cups diced bell pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 TBS minced garlic
- 1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 1/2 TBS Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saute pan, add your olive oil, diced pepper, diced onion and minced garlic over medium high heat and cook for about 5 minutes until the veggies just start to get soft, stirring often.
- Add in your ground meat and cook until the meat is cooked through. Drain grease out of your pan.
- Add in your Italian seasoning, salt, tomato sauce, rice and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese stir together.
- Pour everything into a large baking dish and top with additional 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for about 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes or so until cheese turns golden.
If you like this stuffed pepper casserole, then I think you’ll like these recipes too: