I love summer time! No schedule, no homework, our days are spent at the pool, our weeks are spent traveling… having my kids home is usually so nice. But we all have those days when it seems like we have exhausted all our resources to find something fun for the kids to do! Here is a list of summer boredom busters that will help you manage those times and get through summer without a hitch!
1. Make a daily Summer Schedule that will guarantee some kind of fun activity each and ever weekday.
2. Put together a “Mom, I’m bored” Jar with simple activities (and chores!) for the kids
3. Wacky Saks- Balloons filled with Play Dough- are fun for kids AND adults!
4. Homemade Gak will entertain for an entire afternoon! via Make It And Love It
5. Homemade Play Dough is fun to make and fun to play with. via Made by Jill
6. Make some Glitter Slime! via A Pumpkin and a Princess
7. Keep it simple, yet festive with a game of Tic Tac Toe. via Reasons to Skip the Housework
8. Story Stones are a great way to encourage imaginative play in the form of story telling! via While he was Napping
9. Make a Personalized Memory Game. via Somewhere in the Middle
10. Little kids will love to make Straw Bead Jewelry! via What does she do all day
. . . . .
Have a happy summer!
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in June 2010. It was updated in June 2015