With the return of school comes with it the flurry of balancing numerous schedules, keeping track of project due dates and forms to be signed, and so on. A household is never more full of activity than while school is in session, and, subsequently, never more in need of a system for staying on top of all those details.
Enter: the command center. Usually comprised of such elements as: a calendar, extracurricular activity schedules, important school dates and contacts, a list of emergency or priority resources, and a place for incoming mail and papers, establishing an efficient command center can be the difference between unbridled chaos and smooth sailing.
But don’t take my word for it; take it from the ten stellar command centers featured below.
1. A “giant” command center, this chalkboard wall allows for maximum flexibility, as the details can be easily altered with the months. A row of clipboards hung at the bottom ensures Traci of Beneath My Heart is able to easily keep track of each of her son’s school-related papers.
2. This “organization station” occupies minimal space, as it relies partly on the side of the fridge. Papers can be pinned up to the board, from which also hang three small baskets of supplies. Down yonder is a key rack and charging station. It seems Kristin of Bliss At Home has thought of it all.
3. This command center by Cassie of Hi Sugarplum! puts the Martha Stewart Wall Manager to work- and work it does. With a corkboard for pinning up important papers, a white board for jotting down messages, an accessories board, from which can be hung caddies, and slots for papers, this command center wisely makes use of verticle space, and looks sleek all the while.
4. Cheri of I Am Momma- Hear Me Roar used aged wood boards to create a frame. Then she attached a calendar, some dry erase list boards and a magnetic strip, and hung the whole thing up on the wall.
5. This C.C. by Sarah of Vintage Violet Style is the perfect intersection of function and form. It has all the necessities (key hooks, wall pockets for mail, etc.), and provides her wee babe with a place to draw in chalk to her heart’s content.
6. Stacy- Lee of Get On With It Already cleverly morphs a command center with an entryway. The result is a completely streamlined wall of calendars, hooks for jackets and bags, even a box of tissues for crying out loud!
7. This command center keeps it simple and stylish by using wire wall baskets for incoming and outgoing papers, a DIY corkboard for pinning up calendars and the likes, and a couple of jars of handy supplies. It’s Domestic Imperfection, by Ashley.
8. Chelsea of Two Twenty One has a discreet take on the command center. The inside of a cabinet door plays host to the organizational effects, all of which can easily be hidden away by simply closing the cabinet.
9. Rebecca of Simple As That insists that her command center is a budget version, although you’d never be able to tell from the looks of it. A smart wood organizer provides a landing spot for keys, phones, glasses, and more, while a slotted organizer below holds important papers.
10. Valerie of The Caldwell Project‘s command center bonanza features a place for everything, and a dry erase board to boot.