I used to cook bacon in a frying pan on the stove top, but it always curled up and got too crispy. And even though I love a nice crispy piece of bacon, I don’t like it tasting like charcoal! Plus, I can’t ever figure out how to cook more than 3 pieces at a time without them cooking unevenly or needing to stir them constantly. But I’ve recently started to BAKE my bacon and I have to say, this is the best way to cook bacon ever! Have you done it? Here is how I do it:
2. Set a cooling rack on top of the pan.
3. Place your bacon on the rack, then place the sheet of bacon in the oven for 20 minutes. (The time may vary slightly depending on how thick your bacon is and how crispy you like it.)
Pros to baking bacon:
– Set it and forget it! Cook all your bacon at one time while you prep the rest of your meal.
– The pieces lay flat and don’t shrink as much as they do in a hot pan.
– The bacon soaks up less fat since it is elevated by the cooling rack away from the grease
AND THE BEST PART IS…
My house doesn’t smell like burnt grease for 4 days when I bake them in the oven! SWEET!!!
So next time you’re planning a nice breakfast with all the fixings, try bakin’ your bacon!