1. Chop my hair. He likes long, so the unwritten keep-the-man-happy rule is my hair needs to touch my shoulders. Bleh. At least once a year I “trim” it just slightly above my shoulders to be adventurous! I already told him if anyone I know gets cancer and loses their hair, I am totally shaving my head with them! Heaven forbid this happens to a loved one, but at least I will get to see my hair in all different stages as it grows back, and then maybe my huband would find a cut he actually likes!
2. Eat Spaghetti. He hates it, so I never get to make it for dinner. I, on the other hand, LOVE it! In fact, we went out to dinner to Olive Garden last night and I was the schmuck that ordered the easy spaghetti. I always hate when people order restaurant food that you can make at home, but truth is I am never able to make it at home because of my husbands aversion to it and it just sounded so good!
3. Stay up late. I am a night owl that is “forced” to go to bed at 10 because my husband has to get up early each morning. Sometimes I go to bed with him, wait til he is asleep and then get back up- sneaky, I know! (is this what my life has come to?!)
4. Stay on the computer til I feel like getting off. I could be on there for hours every day if I didn’t get my husband’s eyes rolling at me each time I said I needed to “check my email.”
5. Stay in my PJs all day. On those cold, lazy days when you have nothing to do, I would love to lounge in my pajamas until bedtime again! My husband gets home from work at 5:30, so a lot of times I have my 5pm mad dash to pick up the house and throw some clothes on before he gets home! Only my kids know the real truth about me!
6. See Oprah or Martha Stewart. We even vacationed to both Chicago and New York and both times I mentioned seeing a taping of their shows and I got the rolling eyes again. Someday I will be a guest on Martha Stewart and he will be begging me to take him to NY as my guest and I will roll my eyes at him!
7. Shop just a bit more. He is the most frugal man I know and I grew up very differently. I am learning to save money because of him, and that is great and all- I would just like an occassional shopping experience that was guilt-free!