Yesterday I did something I had never done before- experimented with Tie Dye. I had no idea how to tie dye, but this project was as easy as it gets. I just followed the directions on the back of the Rit dye box- and since I was using an old, stained shirt of Leah’s, I knew I couldn’t mess it up!
If you don’t want to get stuck doing all the work, then save this craft for older kids. Mine were too young to do it themselves, but I knew that going into it. That doesn’t mean they didn’t have fun though- look how happy they are with a bag of rubber bands and some salad tongs!!!
…and of course Leah is just loving her “new shirt!” The smile on this girly girl’s face makes this craft an absolute success!
Here are 10 other fun tie dye projects I found online:
1. Rainbow Tie Dye Cake from Bird on a Cake
2. Funky Tie Dye Socks from Juggling with Kids
3. Tie Dye with Sharpie Markers from Sun Scholars
4. Peace, Love and Cookies from Peach Betty
5. Pumpkin Tie Dye Shirts from Crap I’ve Made
6. Tie Dye Sun Catchers from Creative Family Fun
7. How to Tie Dye Your Finger Nails from Instructables
8. Spiral Tie Dye tutorial from Slices of Simple
9. Tissue Paper Tie Dye from Make and Takes
10 . Tie Dye Easter Eggs from Spoonful
*This post was originally written and published in July 2009 but was edited and updated in June 2013