As I mentioned in a previous post, I was recently given the opportunity to discover a little more about who I am by using the self-discovery tools on a fun website called ArchetypeMe.com. ArchetypeMe has set up a series of questions for each person to answer that filters your responses and defines who you are. This is useful information to consider so you can better understand your interests, better express yourself, and make a better connection with those around you. If you’ve ever wondered why people (including yourself) feel and act the way they do, you will love discovering ArchetypeMe. You’ll get to know your archetype, and the archetypes of others and suddenly behaviors make so much more sense. I love the results this site gave to me! It is super interesting and I am excited to see how I can better and strengthen certain parts of my personality.
These were the results I was given. I think it is really interesting how that 2-minute quiz pretty much described me spot-on! I would never have said that I was only 15% Queen/Executive- I think my strong personality comes through a bit stronger and that percentage should’ve been higher. I run a household with 4 kids, and I have always been opinionated. But when I analyzed this pie graph just a bit, it does make sense. Yes I have a strong will, but my creative & nurturing side of me always seems to come first. I have now fully immersed myself in the ArchetypeMe community- and I am making new discoveries about myself each day. Here is how it works:
1. Everyday they create new content based on my unique personality.
2. I can also explore different Archetypes.
3. I can share the things I love easily by dragging and dropping them into my bookmarks
4. I can invite my friends to join.
5. By clicking on “Community” I can find out their interests and other things that are trending.
I just love how personal and unique this site is. I am already more determined to develop the nurturing side of me and find more joy in being creative, since these seem to be the two driving forces in my life. If I am doing what I love and feeling like their is a purpose to it, I think I’ll be happier in general. I would also like to seek new hobbies, perhaps hobbies that will help the leader in me be more prominent. This could balance my life and help me find joy in social activities, vacations and hobbies I may have never considered.
And now for the giveaway!
Answer this question in a comment below for a chance to win a $50 Visa gift card:
Which archetypes are you?
[You can find a list of the archetypes on the ArchetypeMe homepage.]
No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post.
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion, including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry #whatsyours”, and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post.
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post.
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 2/13/2013 to 3/15/2013. Be sure to visit the ArchetypeMe brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!