Wooden Photo Blocks are a simple, affordable Mother’s Day Gift that can be made in an afternoon!
I made these wooden photo blocks for my mother-in-law years and years ago! She has 6 kids, and since there are 6 sides to each block, I was able to designate 1 side for each of her kid’s families – it was the perfect gift for Mother’s Day! Not only are these blocks cute and thoughtful, but they are also super easy to make! Make a quick run to your craft store and for less than $10, you’ll have everything you need to start creating! Here is how to do it-
How to Make Wooden Photo Blocks
MATERIALS NEEDED –
- 9 wooden cubes
- Mod Podge
- sponge brush
- 6 printed pictures that are the size of 9 blocks put together – mine was about 4″ x 4″
- distress ink, optional (I ended up not using it)
- On the back of your pictures, use a ruler and a pencil to measure and mark the size of each block
- Cut each square so your picture is now 9 separate pieces.
- Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge on each block, then stick a piece of the picture to it.
- Add another thin layer of Mod Podge over the image to seal it to the cube.
- Repeat for all other 5 pictures on the 5 other sides of each cube, then let this dry completely.
- Once your blocks are dry, you can wrap them up with some tulle or ribbon and give it to your mom!