Are you looking for an easy dinner idea to feed your family tonight? This Chili Macaroni Recipe is just for you!
This chili macaroni is a simple, delicious recipe that has been handed down from my husband’s grandma, to my mother in law to me! It is a kid favorite that adults enjoy too! Not only does it taste delicious, it is also super simple to put together.
When I tell my kids we are having pasta for dinner, I usually get all kinds of protests and groans and more questions about whether or not they have to eat the “red sauce.” (NONE of my kids like marinara – weirdos!)
But this pasta dish gets a different reaction – usually cheers of excitement and smiles all around. And there are never left overs of this meal – every last piece of macaroni is gobbled up in no time at all! (Kind of amazing what a can of chili and some macaroni noodles can do!)
Here is the simple recipe:
- 1 cup of elbow macaroni
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 – 15oz can of chili without beans (unless you love beans!)
- 1 – 10.75 oz can of tomato soup
*Please Note – different brands might have different sizes of cans of chili and tomato soup. Measurements listed above are approximate.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large pot, boil and drain your pasta. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, brown and drain your ground beef, then add it to your pot of cooked, drained pasta.
- Stir in the chili and tomato soup and blend well.
- Pour the macaroni mixture into a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and pasta is heated through.
We first shared this recipe on Cute Girls Hairstyles.