A fun countdown to Valentine’s Day with printable activities your kids will LOVE!
Who says advent calendars are only good for Christmas time? This paper heart chain is such a fun way to countdown to Valentine’s Day! Each heart has a fun activity to do as a family – make treats for a neighbor, write a love note to someone in the family etc. And since Valentine’s Day is all about cherishing those you love, why not let the whole family celebrate this holiday together?! Here is how to make it:
Countdown to Valentine’s Day – Paper Heart Chain
- 5 sheets of scrapbook paper
- countdown activity printable (click here for the FREE download)
- scissors or paper cutter
*This is so hard to explain! I tried my best to put it into words, but watching the video is so much easier!!
- Download and print the countdown activities onto your pretty scrapbook paper.
- Cut the activities into strips.
- Fold each strip in half, making a nice crease in the center.
- Wrap the ends of each paper around to form a heart and staple.
- Stick the creased end of the next strip inside the last heart and staple to secure. Continue until all strips are put together.
- Cut out the heart topper and tape it to the chain. Tap or tack the chain to the wall and you’re ready for the countdown to begin!
Have a happy Valentine’s Day!
This post originally published in February 2010. It was updated in January 2016.
Hack Your Routine!
5 Time-Saving Tips for Crazy Busy Moms