All growing up, summer was my favorite time of year! No school, days at the pool, late night get togethers AND the annual neighborhood bike parade! There was nothing more exciting as a kid than being able to ride your bike around the neighborhood all decked out with paper streamers and cardboard noisemakers. The parents loved it too! While the kids raced around the neighborhood, they relaxed on the sidelines, cold drinks in-hand! This is an event I wanted my own kids to take part in- so a few years ago I set out to organize one for our neighborhood. I made a simple Bike Parade Invitation to pass out to all the neighbors and before you knew it, a tradition was born!
Do you want to plan your own bike parade? Here is how!
- Invitations (Download Bike Parade Invitation Here)
- Decorations- streamers, flags, balloons, props etc.
- Small candies to toss to parade watchers, optional
- A week or two before the 4th, pass out the invitations to all your neighbors. The invites we made are door hangers so you could pass them out in the neighborhood even if people aren’t home.
- The day of the parade, set up a decoration station for people to decorate their bikes.
- Once everyone is ready to go, have an adult or an older child lead the pack on your own “parade route” and have fun making memories!
I hope you have fun this Fourth of July and host a bike parade of your own!
Thank you to GraphicMarket on Etsy for the cute bike clip art.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Amy is the creative designer from Amy’s Stationery Shoppe. She was a member of our contributing team in 2015.