Learn how to make Love Letter Easter eggs with this super simple tutorial!
I love Easter crafting for one simple reason: Easter Eggs. Just take one quick spin around Pinterest, and you will quickly discover that there are TONS of ways to decorate eggs. Easter eggs are such a fun blank canvas. It seems that decorating ideas are only limited by your imagination.
I absolutely adore these Love Letter Easter eggs because they are so simple to make. Seriously. You only need eggs and a Sharpie marker to make this happen! Here is the tutorial:
DIY Love Letter Easter Eggs
- eggs – you can use either plastic or real ones
- a black Sharpie marker
- paint (optional)
- Paint your eggs, optional. I started with plastic eggs that were tan colored like real eggs, so I spray painted them white. You could easily paint your eggs any pastel color you like. I would probably stick with lighter colors so that your black script shows up well. Just let the paint dry completely before moving on.
- Bust out your Sharpie and your best handwriting skills!
- Find some words to write. I chose song lyrics from a favorite Beatles song. Choose any words you like – a song, poem, inspirational quote, or random words will do!
- Gently write your words in your nicest cursive writing. Then go thank your 3rd grade teacher. You did need cursive after all! I chose to write my script at an angle around the egg. The lines just wrapped around until the egg was covered with words.
That’s it! See, I told you that this was going to be a super simple craft.
Here are a few more Easter crafts you might enjoy!