Today we’re sharing a simple tutorial for a Mod Podge Frame that is the perfect gift for someone you love! Be sure to read this entire post for details on how we print our images from home in amazing professional quality!
I have made several Mod Podge frames over the years to give as gifts to friends and family – they are thoughtful, personal and can totally make you look all crafty and talented! Not to mention it only takes about an hour to complete + drying time, so if you find yourself in a time crunch, this idea is perfect!
The frame I made today wasn’t a gift for anyone else – it was something I made for my home. I fell in love with the following quote and I wanted a unique way to display it:
Children are not a distraction from more important work, They are the most important work.
I wanted to use pictures of my kids with this quote to stand as a good reminder for me focus on them just a bit more through out my day, and this mod podge frame is a great way to do that! Here is how to make it –
How to Make a Mod Podge Frame
- flat wood frame – no grooves or fancy corners.
- pictures- for my 4×6 frame, I used 24 – 1 inch images that were trimmed just slightly
- Mod Podge
- sponge brush
- Gather, size and print your images. In the past, I’ve just copied them into a Word document, sized them to my liking, and printed them from my desktop computer. This time, I made a collage using PicMonkey.com and printed them with my Epson Picture Mate. This method was so easy and the quality of the images was amazing! (More on this printer later- keep reading!)
- Cut your images to fit around your frame. Lay them out so you know exactly where you’re going to glue them.
- Brush a thin coat of Mod Podge onto wood and stick the pictures on top of Mod Podge.
- Once your pictures are glued down, cover them with another coat of Mod Podge.
- Let it dry completely and then you’re done!!!
Simple, thoughtful and cute!
If you’d like to use our free printable quote, feel free to grab it! We have a couple options –
the white/script version, as seen in our frame:
and the gray block version:
To print, simply right click on the image above and save it to your computer.
As always, these printables are free for personal use only. They are yours to print on your own, but please don’t sell them or claim them to be your own.
AND SPEAKING OF PRINTING…
Last month the nice people at Epson sent me an awesome photo printer to try out and I want to tell you all about it!
The PictureMate PM-400 is a compact, wireless, photo printer that packs a big punch! It can print directly from your iPad, iPhone, tablet, or smartphone in as fast as 36 seconds! Photos are smudge, scratch, water, and fade resistant and last up to 200 years.
This printer is perfect to quickly share that special moment — at family gatherings, parties and more! It will print beautiful, borderless 4×6 and 5×7 photos. and the lightweight design makes it portable and really saves on space.
Be sure to stop by the following Epson sites for purchasing info and the latest ideas that will really wow your family and friends:
This is a sponsored post written by me in support of Epson. I was given a printer for free to try out in exchange for my review. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting our sponsors so we can continue to provide creative content and fresh ideas to SomewhatSimple.com