WELCOME TO THE 2ND EDITION OF PHOTOSHOP BASICS
Yes, we mean basics! In this lesson we are adding text over a photo with a layer effect. To get started download the FREE Bolton Titling Bold Font used in the lesson.
Step 1: Prepare to Type
– from the main toolbar select Window / Character
– use the drop down menu to select the font from the character window
Step 2: Start Typing
– select the type tool from the tool bar
– place the type tool cursor over the photo and type, this creates a text layer in the layers palette
Step 3: Add Color
– use the type tool to highlight the text
– click the color box in the character window
– place the cursor over the photo to use the eye dropper and select a color in the photo
Step 4: Change the font size and Add a layer effect
– use the drop down menu to select a font size from the character window
– to begin adding the layer effect select Layer / Layer Style / Stroke
Step 5: Customize the layer effect
– in the layer effect box select the color of the stroke (outline) effect with the eye dropper technique from step 3
– click the color libraries button to select a unique shade for the stroke (outline)
Step 6: Adjust the layer effect
– slide the size bar to adjust the size of the stroke (outline)
what you create with
this Photoshop Basics
DON’T MISS A THING!
Sign up for our newsletter to receive our FREE Home Organization Binder Printables + weekly updates filled with creative inspiration and exclusive freebies!