I’m not sure who came up with the idea of handing out 800 degree sticks of shooting flames to all the neighborhood kids, but around here, it isn’t the 4th of July without Sparklers! Kids of all ages love these things! To help aid in a little firework safety, we made each child a Sparkler Holder to guard little hands from falling sparks.
- Plastic Cup
- Lighter or Match
- Using the screwdriver, punch a hole in the bottom of the cup.
- Slide the end of the sparkler through the hole so you can grab the end inside the cup. Now your hand should be covered by the plastic cup.
- Light the sparkler and have some fun!
WE SHOULD MENTION:
- Make sure the flame stays up high enough so it doesn’t start burning the cup.
- Children should never use sparklers unsupervised.
Here is a video with the simple tutorial.
(Make sure you watch ’til the end to see my 3 year old’s explanation of the project- he is destined to be a blogger someday! HA!)
So there you have it!
Have a happy and SAFE Fourth of July!