These strawberry lemonade cookies that are drizzled in a delicious icing, are the perfect combination of sweet and sour. Made using cake mix, these cookies are fast and easy to make!
Easy desserts like these are some of my favorites when I’m hosting a party. These delicious Brownies Made From Scratch, Strawberry Cake or Lemon Cheesecake Mousse are some of my other favorite dessert recipes to make.
Pink Lemonade Cookies
It’s spring and the sun is shining and I’m dreaming of summer. Lazy days at the lake, picnics at the park and walks in the evening after the sun goes down are some of my favorite things about this time of year.
These strawberry lemonade cookies remind me of the lemonade stands my kids excitedly do every summer. They were absolutely thrilled when I made these cookies today instead of waiting until school gets out! These simple cake mix swirl cookies combine one of the best flavor combinations, strawberry and lemon into once delicious treat. It’s the perfect mix of tart, yet sweet.
Whether it’s summer or you’re just dreaming of summer, you’ll always have fun watching these pink lemonade cookies bake up into cute swirly designs!
How To Make Strawberry Lemonade Cookies
Dough Prep – Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Put the yellow and pink cake mixes into different bowls. Separately mix in the eggs, vegetable oil and lemon extract in each bowl until they are fully blended. Then place the dough in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to slightly firm it.
Cookie Prep – Take a rounded teaspoon full of lemon cookie dough and roll it into a ball. Do the same with an identical size of strawberry cookie dough. Combine both balls of dough to make one larger dough ball. Roll the ball of dough into a bowl of powdered sugar. Place the sugar covered dough balls onto a cookie sheet with about 2 inches in between each cookie.
Baking – Bake the strawberry lemonade cookies for about 10 minutes or until they have turned a slight golden color. Let the them cool for a minute and then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack before adding the icing.
Icing – Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until they have combined. Drizzle icing on top of the cookies once they have completely cooled.
Let It Chill – Make sure you place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. If the dough is too soft, it will stick to your hands and be hard to roll. Place back in the fridge between batches so dough stays firm.
If The Icing Is Too Thick – If the icing is too thick, add a little extra milk until you reach the desired consistency
Size Matters – By keeping the balls of dough the same size, the cookies will cook more evenly. I typically will use a small ice cream scoop to quickly grab equal amounts of dough.
Other Cake Mix Treat Recipes
- Ultimate Cake Mix Cookie Guide
- Delicious Cake Mix Donuts
- Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Peach Cobbler From Cake Mix
- Easy Cake Mix Brownies
- Cake Mix Banana Bread
These strawberry lemonade cookies are perfect to enjoy on a summer afternoon with a ice cold glass of milk. Leave us a comment below and let us know if you loved these as much as we do or tag us on social media when you’re enjoying a batch of these this summer!
Strawberry Lemonade Cookie Recipe
For The Cookies
- 15.25 oz lemon cake mix
- 15.25 oz strawberry cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil, 1/3 for each mix
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For The Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place lemon cake mix into a large bowl and the strawberry cake mix into another large bowl.
- Mix 2 eggs, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, and 1 tsp lemon extract into each flavored cake mix until well blended.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to firm slightly.
- Take 1 rounded teaspoons of lemon dough and roll into a ball.
- Do the same with the strawberry dough.
- Combine the lemon and strawberry dough to make one large ball.
- Place the dough ball in a bowl with 1 cup of powdered sugar, and roll to lightly coat in powdered sugar.
- Place on a parchment covered baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 10 minutes until they turn slightly golden and are cooked through.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely before frosting and serving.
- Whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon of milk until combined.
- Add more milk for desired consistency.
- Once the cookies reach room temperature, drizzle icing on each cookie with a fork or piping bag.