Let’s cultivate an attitude of gratitude with this Thanksgiving Countdown Jar!
If you’re looking for a fun Thanksgiving countdown for your family, we’ve got you covered! This fun activity is simple and cute and it will focus your thoughts on showing gratitude each and every day, from now until Thanksgiving!
My family has been doing this activity since 2009 and we absolutely LOVE it! Here is how to make your own:
Thanksgiving Countdown Jar
Adapted from an idea emailed to me in 2009, created by Valerie Lee.
- 1 jar
- label for the jar + printed activities (download link below)
- twine or ribbon (optional)
- Download and print all the printables – link to download below.
- Cut out the label and tape it to the front of the jar.
- Add some ribbon or twine for decoration if you’d like.
- Cut out each of the Thanksgiving countdown ideas below, then fold them in half and place the strips in the jar.
- Every day from now until Thanksgiving, draw out one strip and then complete the activity with you’re entire family.
Have fun and be prepared to have a thankful Thanksgiving this year!
We also have 3 different labels to choose from!
What do you think?
Disclaimer – As with all the printables we offer on Somewhat Simple, these printables are for personal use only. They may not be sold or mass produced or claimed to be your own. Thanks for your support!
. . . . .
We originally published this post in 2009. We updated it with new printables in 2017.
DON’T MISS A THING!
Sign up for our newsletter to receive our FREE Home Organization Binder Printables + weekly updates filled with creative inspiration and exclusive freebies!