Looking for some simple DIY Thanksgiving Decorations? This Simple Turkey Wreath is a fun and easy decor project, perfect for Thanksgiving. Gather a few inexpensive dollar store supplies, and make this turkey wreath this fall.
Fall is such a fun time for crafting, but it seems that time flies by. This simple turkey wreath is a fantastic, quick fall craft that will last through Thanksgiving. Gather a few basic supplies (most are available at the dollar store) and whip up a fun Thanksgiving wreath.
DIY Thanksgiving Decorations – Turkey Wreath
Supplies Needed for This Thanksgiving Wreath
- Foam wreath form – I used a 10″ round
- burlap ribbon, or burlap cut into strips
- faux leaves – like these metallic painted leaves, or plain fall color leaves
- craft wood slice
- acrylic craft paint in black, white, yellow, and red
- fine detail paint brush
- hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
Directions for This Turkey Wreath
- Wrap the foam wreath form in burlap ribbon. Secure the ends with hot glue. Be sure to overlap the burlap a bit, so that the foam doesn’t “peek” through the holes in the burlap.
- Paint a turkey face on the wood slice – two black tear drops for the eyes, a yellow sideways tear drop for the beak, with a little dot of red. Then paint little stick feet in yellow at the bottom of the wood slice.
- Let the paint dry, and then attach the wood slice to the bottom of the wreath using hot glue.
- Attach faux leaves to the top of the wreath to make turkey feathers. Also tuck a few leaves behind the wood slice and attach with hot glue.
And that’s it! A simple Thanksgiving wreath that looks like a turkey!