A fun little spider wreath that is perfect for dressing up your front door for Halloween!
Easy Spider Wreath Tutorial
I am one of those people that really loves decorating my home for the different seasons and holidays. Halloween wasn’t ever my favorite… until my girls started getting older and it became a new kind of fun! This spider wreath was born from my daughter’s request to have a giant spider on the door! I can’t disappoint, right? So I happily obliged.
How to Make a Spider Wreath
The perfect craft for Sunday football!
- wreath frame
- black yarn
- straight pins
- hot glue
- Pom Pom spider*
- fabric flowers and cardboard letters, optional
*Pom Pom Spider are easy to make from yarn and pipe cleaners. They are also fun crafts for your kiddos to join in on. Have them make a bunch and put them all over your house for Halloween!
- Start by wrapping your wreath frame in ribbon, securing with hot glue as needed.
- Start making the spider web by pinning down the outer ring of the web with straight pins secured with hot glue.
- Make a center ring with some yarn by timing two ends of yarn together.
- Tie a straight piece of yarn from each outer point of the web to the center ring.
- Tie more strings of yarn in between each rung to complete your web.
- Add your spider, a few fabric flowers and some letters spelling out a spooky greeting and you’re all set to get your spook on!
Are you a holiday decorator like me??
Leave your links to your Halloween wreaths in the comments so I can stop by and visit!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR – Rhonda is the creative blogger from home.made. She was on the Somewhat Simple Creative Team in 2012.