Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Make delicious cupcakes fast with this simply delicious Buttercream Frosting. You'll never use store-bought frosting again!
Servings: 1 Batch
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
With a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
Add heavy cream and vanilla extract and mix on medium high until just combined. If your frosting is too thick, you can add additional heavy cream one tablespoon at a time. If it is too runny add additional powdered sugar a 1/4 cup at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
VARIATIONS - Follow the recipe, but substitute the vanilla extract with any of the following -
SUBSTITUTIONS - Feel free to substitute a vegan butter spread for the regular butter and/or soy or rice milk in place of the heavy cream. I like using Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Spread and vanilla soy milk.
- Red Hot Cinnamon Buttercream - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract + 1 teaspoon cinnamon extract
- Lemon Buttercream - 2 teaspoons lemon extract + 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Vanilla Bean - 1 Vanilla Bean, scraped
- Cookie Shop Sugar Cookies - 1-2 teaspoons of almond extract
Serving: 1g | Calories: 3155kcal | Carbohydrates: 361g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 195g | Saturated Fat: 124g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 51g | Trans Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 529mg | Sodium: 1640mg | Potassium: 96mg | Sugar: 353g | Vitamin A: 6114IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1mg