This savory lasagna soup is simple and easy to make, and tastes just like lasagna! It's the perfect hearty soup for a cold night!
Servings: 1 Cup
- 1 pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 29 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of sugar
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 6 lasagna noodles broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
In a large pot, brown the sausage over medium heat, breaking it into smaller chunks as it cooks.
Add the onion and garlic, and cook until softened and fragrant. Stir in the tomato paste and cook 2-3 minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper, sugar, and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then stir in the lasagna noodles. Cook 15-20 minutes, or until the noodles are tender.
Serve hot topped with a dollop of ricotta cheese and a sprinkle of mozzarella.