Texas Caviar Salsa Recipe
This Texas Caviar is going to knock your socks off!! Grab your favorite chips and make this delicious avocado salsa, stat!
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 16 ounce package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 can black or white beans drained and rinsed
- 2 2.25 ounce cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 avocados - peeled pitted and diced
In a large bowl, mix beans, corn, olives, red bell pepper and onion.
In a small bowl, mix garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cider vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour into the corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator as long as you can. I have eaten it without even being chilled and it was fine, but the cooler the better!
Stir avocados into the mixture before serving.