Key lime cupcakes are the perfect blend of both sweet and sour flavors. The cupcakes are moist, easy to make and bursting with flavor! Topped with these adorable free printable rainbow cupcake toppers they are the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick's' Day.
Servings: 1 cupcake
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 box lime jello 3 oz size
- oil amount according to cake mix directions
- eggs amount according to cake mix directions
- water half of the amount in cake mix directions
- lime juice to replace the other half of water amount in cake mix directions
- Cream cheese frosting homemade or store bought
Mix the lemon cake mix according to package directions, EXCEPT substitute half of the water with lime juice, (i.e. if you need 1 1/2 cups of water, use 3/4 cup water and 3/4 cup lime juice) and add the box of lime jello.
Prepare your cupcake pan with cooking spray or cupcake liners.
Fill each cupcake liner with batter, about ⅔ full.
Cook according to package directions.
Once the cake has cooled, frost and enjoy!