Chicken Taquitos Recipe
This easy chicken taquitos recipe has all the flavors of your favorite Mexican dish, all rolled up into one tasty, crispy tortilla roll!
Servings: 10 taquitos
- 16 corn tortillas or 10 flour tortillas
- 1 jar of salsa for inside your taquitos and to serve as a topping
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- vegetable oil
- taco toppings: sour cream avocados, tomatoes, olives, lettuce etc.
Warm the tortillas by placing the entire stack on a plate in the microwave and heating them for about a minute. (This just makes them easier to fold so they aren't as stiff.)
Spread each tortilla with 1 tablespoon salsa, 2 tablespoons of chicken, and 2 tablespoons cheese. (Those are approximate measurements- if you want more of any ingredient, adjust to your liking!)
Roll up the tortillas and secure with toothpicks.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add about 3 tortilla rolls at a time (depending on what fits best in your pan and cook until they're golden brown on all sides.
Serve with your favorite taco toppings!
Serving: 2taquitos | Calories: 300kcal