Decorate for Easter with this Easy Easter Bunny Banner that you can complete in 30 minutes or less. It’s so easy you could whip one up for a friend too!
It seems like holidays hit us in quick succession February through April. I love celebrating and decorating, but life is busy and it seems like I’m always in a rush. Because of that, I’ve tried to simplify without sacrificing the fun, so I try to focus holiday decor in a few focal points of our home so we still feel festive but cut down on the time and effort put into decorating and taking down. For me (who still has a few Christmas & New Years decorations sitting in the corner of the laundry room waiting to be put away still) this is a total win! This easy Easter Bunny Banner packs in all the handmade goodness in 30 minutes or less.
Easy Easter Bunny Banner
- Easy Easter Bunny Banner digital files
- white cardstock
- color printer
- die-cut machine or a trusty pair of scissors
- twine or ribbon
- 3M clear plastic hooks
the regular ‘ole scissor method –
- Download and print the Easy Easter Bunny Banner digital file. (For a standard size fireplace mantle I printed 5 copies of the file.)
- Grab your scissors and start cutting.
- Tape your cut pieces onto a piece of twine and you’re ready to hang your banner.
the electronic die-cutting method –
If you’re new to using an electronic-die cutting machine, you can follow a step-by-step picture tutorial and find out favorite tricks for perfect cut lines here.
- Download and print the Easy Easter Bunny Banner digital file.
- Open the black and white cut file in the die-cutting machine software. Use the trace feature to create cut lines, then move the cut file off to the side.
- Open the digital bunny banner file; copy and paste into the document that has your cut lines. Size your bunny banner file to match the cut file lines. (The cut file provides a white edge around the images to help your banner pieces pop.)
- Select the cut lines image. Object>Arrange>Bring to Front.
- Add printer registration marks for your machine.
- Send to color printer.
- Place printed banner pieces on cutting mat; load cutting mat into your die-cutting machine and cut.
- Measure the length of the area you’re hanging your Easter Bunny Banner with twine. Cut and tie a loop on both ends.
- Tape bunny and carrot pieces onto twine starting from the middle and working out to get even spacing.
TIPS & IDEAS
You can make this banner as simple or complex as you like:
- Tie ribbons, raffia, tulle or pastel colored pipe cleaners (curl the ends on a pencil) in between the paper pieces.
- Cut a simple pennant flag to add to the mix out of a patterned paper.
- Want to spell out Easter or other Easter words? Purchase large stickers or cut them with your die-cutting machine, and adhere them to a pennant flag or simply tape the letters to the twine.
- Use a glue stick to cover the green portion of each carrot and then add some of the crinkle paper Easter basket filler to give your banner dimension.
Here are a few more posts you might enjoy:
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Marissa is a graphic designer and creator of an ever-growing stash of printables available over at Prickly Pear Design Co. where she creates what makes her happy and talks design, LDS ideas, and branding/marketing or bloggers and small business. Come join the fun!