You’ll love this On Your Way Up + Down Stair Basket Idea! It helps tame the stair chaos dilemma, and is much better looking than just a pile on the stairs!
Today we’ve got a tip that is simple and can be tailored to work in your home and with your family. A quick clean up is much easier when all items are ready to go to their designated place. So we came up with the idea of an On Your way Up + Down Stair Basket! Instead of having a stack of things on the steps or scattered around the living spaces of your home, find a container or basket to keep on the steps as a catch-all.
On Your Way Up + Down Stair Basket
- On Your Way Up Tags (download below)
- scissors or paper cutter
- hole punch
- ribbon or string
- glue stick or double-sided tape
- laminating sheets (optional)
- First, Print off our On Your Way Up + Down Basket Tags.
- Glue the backsides together, so one side has the Up and the other has the Down when you flip it.
- Laminate your tags. This step is optional, but a great way to keep your tags from getting smashed or crinkled.
- Punch a small hole at the top, and thread your ribbon or string through.
- Finally, tie onto your basket.
I found my basket in the clearance section of Walmart. Just measure your stairs, and head to the store!
We love how our On Your Way Up + Down Basket helps contain the clutter, isn’t an eyesore for everyone, and keeps people from tripping on things thrown anywhere on the stairs. 😉
. . . . .
Our readers also enjoyed these posts:
This post originally published in 2011, but was updated with fresh, new printables and images in 2017.