This stars and stripes painted Tic Tac Toe board is a fun summer craft offering hours of fun!
Tic-Tac-Toe is a timeless game for people of all ages! Today we’re sharing a fun DIY version of this board that uses craft wood slices from your local craft store. Next time you hear “I’m bored,” just send the kids outside to play a game, or two, or ten!
“Stars and Stripes” Painted Tic Tac Toe Board
- craft wood slices, one large and ten small
- acrylic craft paint – red, white, blue, and black
- small paint brush
- (optional) small star-shaped rubber stamp
- Paint five small wood slices with white paint, and paint five small wood slices with blue paint. Let the paint dry completely before moving on to step 2.
- On the white wood slices: using a fine-tipped paint brush, paint on red stripes.
- On the blue wood slices: Apply a small amount of white paint to a small rubber star-shaped rubber stamp. Firmly and steadily press onto the wood slice. Then fill in any gaps with white paint. Alternatively, just free-hand a star with a small paint brush and white paint.
- On the large wood slice: using a straight edge and a pencil, draw the four lines to create a Tic-Tac-Toe grid. Outline with black paint.
- Let all of the paint dry, and then you’re ready for endless summer Tic-Tac-Toe fun!
Here are a few more summer crafts you might enjoy: