Broccoli Salad Recipe
This easy Broccoli Salad is quick, fresh, and so delicious! It makes the perfect side dish for any BBQ or potluck - and the tangy, creamy dressing is heavenly!
Servings: 8 people
For the salad-
- 1 head fresh broccoli cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 cup red grapes halved*
- 10 slices of cooked bacon* *
- 1 cup sunflower seeds***
For the dressing-
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli, onion and grapes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise. Pour over broccoli mixture, and toss until well mixed.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Before serving, toss salad with crumbled bacon and sunflower seeds.
* You can substitute 1/2 cup of raisins or dried cranberries for grapes if that is more your thing!
** I buy the bacon that is already cooked, but you can make your own- just let it cool before you add it to this salad.
*** Use your favorite nut instead of sunflower seeds. Cashews are one of my favorite additions to this salad!