Here are a few more organization ideas we think you’ll love – Craft Supply Organization, Printable Budget Envelopes, How to Organize Manuals and Warranties, How to Organize Toys, How to Organize a Utility Closet (and make it pretty!) and Organizing your 72 Hour Kit.
School Work File Box
This organizational idea is an absolute favorite of mine. I can’t take the credit for it because I first saw this idea from my sister in law and decided to start using with my children. It is a system we have been using for 9 years now, and it is keeps everything in one place! It’s a simple and easy way to organize all of the school papers you want to keep forever!
- While you could definitely use a milk carton crate or those cardboard bank boxes, I love the idea of something that will keep papers protected from any water or rodent damage. #HeavenForbid
- Our school interview printables would be the perfect addition to each year’s file!
The Easiest Way To Organize Your Kids School Work
- plastic file box
- hanging file folders
- printer + paper
- Word or paint computer program
- First, make your labels. Using a word or paint program, type out all the grades and make a name label for the front. I added a simple black lined box to Mason’s label – I love how clean, simple, and beautiful it turned out! The font I used is called Montserrat.
- Print off your tabs and name labels.
- Add your hanging file folders and label them with each grade.
- Start adding all those school papers!
This post originally published in 2013, but was updated in 2018 with new images.