This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
Add some sophistication to your holiday decor with a simple Christmas Tree Luminary. These classy candles can be made in 5 minutes or less and only cost $1 each!
I am not typically one to jump into all-things-Christmas before Thanksgiving is done, but for some reason this year I’ve been more anxious than ever to deck the halls! These Christmas Tree Luminaries are the first project I’ve created for the season, and I absolutely LOVE how they turned out! Not only are they versatile little candles that can be used literally ANYWHERE in your home, they are also SO easy to make!
How to Make a Christmas Tree Luminary
For this simple project, I used my new Cricut Explore Air 2 for the very first time! This lovely machine sure makes creating FUN and EASY! If you’re new to using a Cricut Machine like I am, these Christmas Tree Luminaries are the perfect beginner project. Here is how to make them –
- Cricut machine (I used my Explore Air 2)
- Cricut mat
- transfer tape
- tall cylinder candles (I got mine from the dollar store)
- Christmas Tree print (Download our SVG below, or make your own!)
- Open the Cricut Design Space on your computer and upload the Christmas Tree design onto your workspace. If you want to make your own design, you can also use Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop, save your design as an SVG or PNG and then upload it to Design Space.
- Resize the Christmas Tree so it fits on your candle jar. (Ours is 2 inches wide and 6 inches tall.)
- Load your vinyl onto your mat and feed it into your machine.
- Click “Make It” on Design Space and then follow the prompts.
- Once the Cricut cuts the design, remove the vinyl sheet from the mat. If your vinyl is like mine, the Christmas tree will stick to your mat. Put a piece of transfer tape to the top of the design, then slowly peel it off.
- Place the transfer tape + Christmas tree onto your candle, pressing the design against the glass so it adheres well. Slowly remove transfer tape… and you’re done!
Aren’t they pretty?! Now that I know how easy it is to create with a Cricut Explore Air 2, I might whip some up in gold for our mantle!
If you want to use our Christmas Tree Design, enter your email address below and we’ll send you the image. You’ll just need to upload the image into Cricut Design Space and follow the prompts to turn it into an SVG file (it takes about 15 seconds!) –