Coconut Cake Pops are tasty little treats that are simple to make! They’re a fun and festive dessert that will totally please a crowd!
We partnered with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment to create these Coconut Cake Pops. All opinions are 100% our own.
A Fun Family Movie Night
Family movie nights are one of our favorite ways to spend time together! You can go all out with creative concessions and printable movie tickets, or you can keep it simple with a bowl of popcorn and cozy blankets on the couch. Our most-recent family game night was in celebration of Abominable… and it was SO FUN! The film is available now on Digital, and will be on Blu-ray and DVD December 17.
This Holiday Season, cozy up with Abominable, the #1 Original Animated Movie of the Year! The movie is a great family movie night pick, and the perfect gift or stocking stuffer idea this holiday season with over an hour of bonus content, including 2 Original Shorts! You can’t go wrong with adorable characters, beautiful animation, and a fantastic message. The film is all about determination, never giving up, and the fact that a little positivity goes a long way.
If you’re a fan of the movie Abominable, you’ll love how we incorporated Everest, the yeti, into our movie treats! We made these deliciously adorable Snowball Coconut Cake Pops with printable toppers and flags – aren’t they fun? The kids loved the printable faces of Everest, and the cake pops were perfectly festive, and tasty too!
Here is the simple recipe –
Snowball Coconut Cake Balls
Makes 40 snowballs // Ready in 90 Minutes
Snowball Coconut Cake Balls
- 1 package white or vanilla cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 containers vanilla frosting
- 1 14oz bag sweetened coconut flakes
- lollipop sticks
- Everest printables, download below
- scissors, glue stick + tape
- Make cake according to directions on the back of the box.
- Let the cake cool slightly, then crumble it into crumbs using a fork.
- Place cake crumbs in a large bowl and add ½ can of frosting. Mix with your hands until evenly combined.
- Roll cake into round golf ball sized balls, then place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze for one hour.
- Place shredded coconut in a food processor for 30 seconds, or until the flakes look more like soft snow. Set aside.
- Microwave the remaining frosting in a microwave safe dish for 30 seconds. *Tip - a small bowl works best so the frosting is nice and deep. Heat for an additional 30 seconds, if needed, so that the frosting is thin and runny.
- Drop a cake ball into the frosting until covered completely. Pull out with a fork and tap the side of the bowl to get the excess frosting off.
- Roll the ball into the coconut flakes 'til completely covered, then place on a sheet of wax paper.
- Let them set for a few minutes, or until the frosting has hardened.
- Cut out each printable piece, then wrap a printable flag around each stick, securing with some glue. Tape an Everest face onto the top of each stick, then stick through the middle of each cake pop.
- Serve and enjoy!
Our last family movie night was such a great way to relax and reconnect from our electronics and reconnect as a family. I sure love these guys!
You can find the cute Abominable inspired t-shirts featured in this post at TeaCollection.com. The brand collaborated with the film to offer fun limited-edition designs. Check them out!
This post was sponsored by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, and as always, all text, images, and opinions are 100% our own.