One of the questions I get asked by my clients all the time is how to add a logo to photos as a watermark. They want something that is easy to use, fast, and free and I refer them to Ipiccy. It is perfect for the blogger who doesn’t want to spend the money or take the time to learn photo editing software. Today we will just be focused on adding a logo watermark to photos for posting to your blog or favorite social media site.
If you prefer to watch a video of the process, scroll to the bottom.
You will need:
1. The photo(s) you want to watermark.
2. A white version of your logo-either a transparent .gif or transparent .png file.
3. Internet browser open to ipiccy.com – it’s free and registration is not required.
1. Click Upload Photos.
2. Select the photos you want to edit and the white transparent gif or png version of your logo. *You can select multiple photos at once by holding down the shift key*
3. Click Open.
You will see the photos you uploaded in the Photo Library.
1. Pick the first image you want to edit and hover over it with your mouse. It will get a blue highlight around it, and a small gadget will appear in the bottom right hand corner.
2. Click Edit on the menu that appears.
At this point, you can adjust contrast, crop, and edit your photo in a number of different ways.
When you are ready to add your logo:
1. Click the Blend tab on the top toolbar (highlighted in the picture below.)
2. Click Photo. A sidebar will appear on your left with all the photos and images you have uploaded.
3. Find and select your logo file.
1. Click on the logo file and continue holding down your mouse button while you drag it across to your picture.
2. Position it on your picture and let go of your mouse button.
1. You can reposition and resize your logo. *If you resize it using one of the corners it will retain it’s proper ratio.*
2. You can adjust the opacity of your logo with the Fade slider on the Blend Mode sidebar.
3. You can click Done when you have it just the way you want it.
1. On the top toolbar, click Save (the cute little floppy disk icon).
2. You can keep the name or rename it. *If you keep the name and save it to the same folder, it will replace the original file.*
2. Add .jpg or .png (whichever you prefer) to the name you have chosen for your file.
3. Click Save Photo!
1. Select the folder you want to save the completed photos in, and click Save.
And you have done it! You now have a photo watermarked with your custom logo. Be sure to save a copy of the original logo file for future use.
The following video shows you these simple steps to adding watermarks to your photos using your own custom logo. I show the process twice in this video, and it all took under 60 seconds!