If you’re new to blogging or new to the online business world, one question you might have is how to add a logo to photos. Today we’re going to help you out with this by showing a simple step-by-step tutorial!
Adding a logo or watermark to your photos is an absolute necessity if you plan to share any pictures online. I used to think the opposite. I didn’t want to take the extra step in adding a watermark, and I didn’t think I’d care if someone used my photos. I thought it would be flattering.
And then it happened. And it happened again and again. And people were using my photos in blog posts of their own and they were using them to sell items in their Etsy shop. People were making money off of my photography, and taking credit for my hard work – that didn’t feel good at all!
And so, I made it a goal to watermark every image that posts on this blog to help avoid that problem. Really smart, photoshop-savvy people can probably find a way around this and steal photography anyway. But adding a watermark to your photos will make you less of a target for sure!
Here is how to add a logo to photos – a simple process that is easy, fast and FREE!
How to Add a Logo to Photos
YOU WILL NEED:
- An image of your logo, preferable a transparent .png file. This just means there isn’t any white space behind or around your logo.
- The photo(s) you want to watermark.
- Internet browser open to PicMonkey.com – it’s free and registration is not required. You can sign up for a premium account that will add more fonts and options, but for this tutorial the free version is just fine.
1. Click Edit. Select the photo you want to add your logo to and click to open it. This will bring your photo on your screen within the PicMonkey platform.
2. If you want to add a font to put a simple watermark on your photo, click the Tt on the left, then select your font of choice and play around with colors and sizing. If you want to add an image, skip to step 3.
3. Click the butterfly icon on the left to bring up the list of “overlays”. Here you can add shapes and other clipart images to your photo.
4. To add your logo, click Your Own on the top left. Then, open the folder where your logo is saved and click on it to open it.
5. Now you’ll see your logo right on top of the image in PicMonkey. Click on that logo to adjust the size, and drag and drop it wherever you’d like it to be!
6. To save your image, click Save in the top-center of your screen. You can keep the original name of this picture, but I would consider renaming it because if you keep the name and save it to the same folder, it will replace the original file.
And you’re done! You now have a photo watermarked with your custom logo!
This post originally published in June 2012, but was updated in May 2016.