Today we are sharing one of my family’s favorite weeknight dinners – Build Your Own Pizzas!
I can totally relate to those of you out there who are struggling to find a meal that pleases everyone in your family. Half of my kids won’t eat what the other half will, and my toddler wants to eat the same 3 things for breakfast, lunch and dinner – chicken nuggets, cookies and pizza. Lucky for all of us, this simple pizza dinner idea literally pleases everyone!
Building your own pizzas can be as simple or as fancy as you want it to be. It can be tailored to fit every budget, dietary need, taste preference etc. This is one of the very few meals we make where everyone ends up fed and happy. It works especially well for picky kids (and husbands)!
Here is a list of all the ingredients my family uses or has used for our pizza nights- so when you’re planning your menu this week (or planning for dinner tonight) you can have a bunch of options to go off of. I will also open up the comments on this post so you can add any ingredients to the list that I may have forgotten.
Build Your Own Pizzas
1. Choose a crust
- store-bought dough
- English muffins
2. Choose a sauce
3. Choose a cheese
4. Choose some meat
- Canadian bacon
5. Choose your toppings
- fresh basil
- bell peppers
6. Cook it
- Place individual pizzas on a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake until cooked or heated through. *If you are using a pizza crust that is already cooked (English muffins, flat bread etc.) I set my oven to 400 degrees and cook until the cheese is melted – about 8-10 minutes. If you are using a raw dough or biscuit, cook according to recipe or package directions.
EAT & ENJOY!!!
Build Your Own Pizza Recipe
- Spread the pizza sauce over the flatbread
- Pile on all of the toppings you prefer
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees